Study at Washington University in St. Louis

HKUST-WashU Joint Education Program

Study at Washington University in St. Louis

East End campus aerial

What do students do at the Washington University during Year 4?

During Year 4, students admitted to WashU will be registered as an exchange student. They will be engaged in a full-time course of study that enables them to complete all remaining requirements for their HKUST bachelor's degree, including a Final Year Thesis (FYT)/Final Year Project (FYP).  Students can enroll in relevant thesis/project course(s) offered by WashU, and carry out the thesis/project under the supervision of a McKelvey Engineering faculty member.

Alternatively, the FYT/FYP can be carried out by students via remote supervision of HKUST engineering faculty.  Co-supervision by a McKelvey Engineering faculty member is possible.  Students will then enroll in the corresponding course offered by HKUST during Year 4 summer term.   In the case that students do not enroll in FYT/FYP at WashU, they have to take extra courses at WashU in order to meet WashU's minimum credit load requirement.  

A Certificate in Engineering Science Studies will be issued to students by WashU upon satisfactory completion of their Year 4 studies there.

UG – Joint University Programs (WashU)