Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme
The MSc FinTech program is one of the eligible programs in the Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC) in the 2024/25 academic year. All local Hong Kong residents pursuing either full-time or part-time study in MSc FinTech can apply for the fellowships. Successful candidates will be awarded up to HK$120,000 of tuition waiver, i.e., they only need to pay HK$243,825 if they join the program in 2024/25 Intake.
Eligibility and Assessment Criteria
- Local students*, both full-time and part-time, admitted to the designated TPg programmes of the University for the 2024-25 Intake are eligible to apply for the Scheme.
- The fellowships will be awarded to students on a merit basis; assessment criteria include but not limited to the following:
- Academic achievements;
- Professional qualifications;
- Relevant working experience;
- Achievements in other areas; and
- Student’s personal statement regarding the commitment and plan on how they can contribute to the priority areas of Hong Kong after completing the programme.
- To avoid double subsidy, applications from students who are receiving other forms of government scholarships, including the Continuing Education Fund (except the Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme under the Student Finance Office) for pursuing the same programme will not be considered.
*The definitions of local and non-local students remain the same as that of other UGC-funded programmes. Except for students holding (i) student visa/entry permit; (ii) visa/entry permit under the Immigration Arrangements for non-local graduates; or (iii) dependant visa/entry permit who were 18 years old or above when they were issued with such visa/entry permit by the Director of Immigration, all other students will be treated as local students.
Eligible applicants admitted to the MSc FinTech Program will be invited to apply for the Fellowships Scheme. Applicants are required to submit the application upon invitation by the MSc FinTech Programs Office. Applicants are required to submit an application form of the Scheme, and supporting documents as requested by the deadline set by the Programs Office. The award of the Fellowships is by merit and competition.